Re: [ecasound] eci for c

Subject: Re: [ecasound] eci for c
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 05:50:14 EET

On 12 Dec 2002, Adam Linson wrote:

> i have read the docs over and over, but i cannot, for the life of me
> (running a c eci program), start playing a file, and in the middle of
> it, without stopping the running file, start playing another file.

You've read the docs correctly as it is not possible to add nor remove
audio inputs/outputs during processing. There are, however, a few ways
around this limitation:

- add all inputs you want to use to the setup and using muting (c-mute)
  or amplifier objects (-ea:x + cop-set) to select which one
  is audible at any given moment; this is possible as cop-set
  and c-mute are rt-safe commands
- write a new audio object type that is able to multiplex inputs
  (so something like the current .ewf format); requires C++ hacking