eci for c

Subject: eci for c
From: Adam Linson (adam_AT_semioweb.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 16:07:41 EET

hi again,

first of all, thanks to mario and kai for answering me last time.
i never responded to your answers to my weird "-ev" parsing, since i've
been away. both your answers were helpful, and have actually led me into
the eci for c, with which i have only been partially successful.

i have read the docs over and over, but i cannot, for the life of me
(running a c eci program), start playing a file, and in the middle of
it, without stopping the running file, start playing another file.

this is partly due to my lack of experience with ecasound-iam, BUT i
*have* been able to get code working which does nearly everything
besides play multiple files simultaneously.

the answer to this might even be useful to add to the documentation,
since the examples in the eci guide do not deal with more complex chain
setups, etc., which is exactly what's giving me a hard time.

are there, in general, a set of examples for complex, valid ecasound-iam
sessions? those would probably clear things up a lot for me, too. the
other examples in the rest of the documentation seem to be for
non-interactive-mode, unless i somehow skipped over something major.

thanks,
adam