Re: [ecasound] ecasound.el issues

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound.el issues
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:47:55 EET

Michal Seta <mis_AT_creazone.com> writes:

> So, I've been playing around with the ecasound emacs mode. It's a lot of
> fun, especially playing with the widgets for editing effects. I
> have one problem though. After running it for a while I get:
>
> error in process filter: Lisp nesting exceeds max-lisp-eval-depth.
>
> and emacs hangs but the ecasound process continues.
Could you please try and give me some debug
info. Do: M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
then wait till the error happens.
If you get a backtrace, mail that to me please.

> Also, I notice that emacs is consuming about 20% cpu-cycles with an ecasound
> session open.

This is because daemon-status-fetching is on by default
right now, and there is no user-option to disable it. So what
is taking so much time is having to do aroun 10 ECI calls
each second. Next versions will have a option
to disable this, and will also be a bit more optimized
so that it doesn't send that much eci commands.

> This is on a celeron 533MHz, debian-woody (enhanced with some
> testing packages) lowlat 2.4.18 kernel, latest ecasound.el, Emacs
> 21.2.1 & ecasound v2.2.0-rc1. Any ideas?

You can do M-x ecasound-kill-daemon RET in the *ecasound* buffer,
which should stop the background processing for now.
Also, if the ecasound window is not visible (i.e., if you
hide it by doing C-x 1 in another buffer), the
background fetching stops automatically.

--
CYa,
  Mario