Re: [ecasound] Ecasound as an editing tool

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecasound as an editing tool
From: Lars Bjørndal (lars.bjorndal_AT_grieg.uib.no)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 14:17:40 EET

Mikko Nummelin <mnummeli_AT_cc.hut.fi> writes:

>> I'm blind, and therefore I can't use X or GUI. It's a
>> problem that all software I know about like SoundForge is GUI.
>
> That really makes life difficult in some occasions. It is however
> interesting, that the technology nowadays is so advanced that it has made
> it possible for blind people to use computers, send and read emails and
> browse the Internet. Which kind of helping equipments do you have for
> computer use and how long have you had those.

I'm using a standard pc, and I have a 80 character braille display
connected. By navigating the display, I'm able to read all 25 lines of
a text screen. I've used computers for about ten years. I've used RH
Linux for about two years, it's powerfull!

> I think that Kai Vehmanen, the author and main administrator of ecasound
> can anyway give you the best advice for ecasound's command line
> usage.

I supose there should be a way to save the position after playing, and
thereafter start copying from that position??

Thank you very much!
Lars