Re: [ecasound] pyeca

Subject: Re: [ecasound] pyeca
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 14:50:19 EET

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:49:03 +0200
smoerk <smoerk_AT_gmx.de> wrote:

> I wrote a first short pyeca script and it is not too complicated to
> understand how ecasound and pyeca works. :-)
> I experienced one problem with pyeca. It seems that ecasound or pyeca is
> not fast enough to catch every EIAM command, it just ignores them. Is
> there a workaround to make sure that every EIAM command is handled by
> ecasound?

I'd recommend importing eci instead of pyeca and use it. With it you can just issue IAM commands and have the respective return-value automatically.

Like so:

>>> import eci
>>> e=eci.ECI()
>>> e('c-add chain1')
>>> e('c-status')
'### Chain status (chainsetup \'command-line-setup\') ###\nChain "default" [bypassed] \nChain "chain1" [bypassed] [selected] '
>>> e('c-list')
['default', 'chain1']

In this way you are less likely to miss any return-values that are of different type you'd expect.

janne