Re: [ecasound] Future request for ecasound . . . maybe???

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Future request for ecasound . . . maybe???
From: Justin Rosander (JustinRosander_AT_msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:44:09 EET

Michal Seta wrote:
I've tried similar settings. The chorus and reverb are nice . . . :)
> try this (a little chorus + a little reverb - too much maybe...):
> ecasound -B:rt -b:64 -i:/dev/dsp -etc:3,100,75,1 -ete:50,75,75 -o:/dev/dsp

> Personally, I prefer the natural reverberation of a church... I guess it
depends on the actual space but if the church is largish, adding reverb to
your sound source may not be a good idea in an already reverberated space.
But it also depends on your intentions.

As to the dynamics of my particular church, it's really interesting. It's
mainly a wood structure with drywall on the sides and a thin carpeting with
padded wood pews, and it's not very large at all. When it's empty, a
clapping sound will decay in less than a second, maybe (I haven't used an
oscilloscope or anything to find out what the exact decay time is). So if
the church is empty, the reverberation is very nice. But fill it with
bodies--the sound deadens a little bit. (That almost sounds macabre) So my
intention would be to slightly augment the reverberation with a little
signal processing--just enough to give it a boost.

> yeah! And more experimental music :)

I'm working on it, though it's taking a while to warm up others to that.

Take care.