Re: [ecasound] Future request for ecasound . . . maybe???

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Future request for ecasound . . . maybe???
From: Justin Rosander (JustinRosander_AT_msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:54:24 EET

Kai wrote:

> What kind of problems have you experienced? It's good to note that not all
> soundcard drivers that come with the standard kernel support full-duplex.
> In this case you need to use either ALSA (will be part of the standard
> kernel in the future) or the commercial OSS drivers.

Well, I haven't had luck with more standard guitar effects like flanger
(-etl),
phaser (-etp), etc. Compression, gates, limiters, reverb and chorus work
great. Chorus, however works better in non realtime; the sound is fuller,
richer.

As to the driver I'm using, it's ALSA0.9.0rc2. That's why I was inquiring
whether or not I should bump up the version on that last week.

> > As a guitarist, the effects that are designed in ecasound are very
> > attractive. I can see the usefulness it would have for me. Also, as
the

> And do remember to check out the available LADSPA plugins at
> http://www.ladspa.org ... ecasound has full LASDPA-support so you can use
> them just like you use the native effects.

I'm definitely going to check that out. I haven't had a chance to test
things for about a week, so I'm definitely going to get to Robert Johnson's
message when I do. Got a lot to do with my recording that I'm working on
right now.
Take care y'all,
Justin