Underruns

Subject: Underruns
From: Nolan J. Darilek (nolan_d_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 04:22:03 EET

Hi, sorry I can't quote the original message. I'd forgotten that I'd
unsubscribed from this list, but when I tried resubscribing, the mail
bounced. bigfoot.com only forwards 25 messages per day, and apparently
I've reached my quota.

So anyway, running with -z:nodb produces the following:

* ecasound v2.2.0-pre6 (C) 1997-2002 Kai Vehmanen
. . .
(eca-chainsetup-parser) Double-buffering disabled.
- [ Connecting chainsetup ] ------------------------------------------------
(eca-chainsetup) 'rtlowlatency' buffering mode selected.
. . .
(eca-chainsetup) Audio object "alsa", mode "write".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
- [ Chainsetup connected ] -------------------------------------------------
(eca-controller) Connected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
- [ Controller/Starting batch processing ] ---------------------------------
- [ Engine init - Driver start ] -------------------------------------------
(eca-engine) Using realtime-scheduling (SCHED_FIFO).
(audioio-alsa) warning! playback underrun - samples lost! Break was at least 20.70 ms long.
(eca-control-base) Can't start processing: engine startup failed. (3)
- [ Controller/Batch processing finished ] ---------------------------------
- [ Engine exiting ] -------------------------------------------------------
(eca-controller) Disconnecting chainsetup: "command-line-setup".

(audioio-alsa) WARNING! While writing to ALSA-pcm device C0D0, there were 1 underruns.

Using -z:db,x still doesn't solve things. I still receive underruns.I
can decrease the number of "xruns" by increasing the db value, but
even 2400000 doesn't eliminate xruns (I'm assuming those are bad? :)
Decreasing to 25000 increases to 104 xruns. Note that I'm still
hearing roughly the same amount of audio.

As far as looping, I used cs-toggle-loop (is that -tl?)

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help debug
this.