Re: [ecasound] Sequencing with LADSPA and ecasound?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Sequencing with LADSPA and ecasound?
From: Smoerk (smoerk_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 19:47:25 EET

Hello Mario,

I'm not sure if it makes sense to implement a text mode interface for
pd. you could ask the pd mailing list, there are people who have deeper
knowledge of pds internals. I know there is a python external for pd,
which means you could do a lot of stuff without using the GUI, but I
think it's not a solution for getting rid of the GUI completly.

What is maybe more interesting for you is supercollider (
http://www.audiosynth.com ), which is a programming language for audio
synthesis, midi, etc... so you could do all the stuff you could do with
PD, but without drawing patchcords and GUI. it's only available for
MacOS 9, but they working on SC3, which is for OSX and will be ported to
Linux (there is a partly port available). But it's still under heavy
development. I hope their will be a working version in a few month for
Linux.

And yes, it's open source now.