Re: Fw: Re: [Club-Volunteers] [jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi: [ecasound] Whoa!]

Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Club-Volunteers] [jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi: [ecasound] Whoa!]
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 18:12:12 EEST

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, janne halttunen wrote:

>> 5)I have personally fixed every single one of the problems listed, but
>> not in ecasound, and I am not going to list which packages they were.
> ...and so on. So basically it was an accident. Working late hours in
> mandrakesoft, I suppose.

Thanks for standing up for ecasound! :) And hey, at least now a few
mandrake developers remember the project a little better. ;)

Anyways, ecasound's rpm-spec file has been quite actively maintained
and it is IMHO in quite good shape. There are of course some
differences to distro-specific spec-files, but no really drastic differences.

From the original list of "10 spec-file sins", only the first one (missing
build-reqs) concerns ecasound. Registering menu entries and mime types do
not really belong to the generic spec-file file of a package like
ecasound. But an interesting list in any case.