boolean and small-choice values?

Subject: boolean and small-choice values?
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 15:27:21 EEST

Hi.

Currently the eci interface only allows me to know if
something has a float or an integer value, but I cant
tell some important things:

1. Some copps have only a small number of possible values,
   like those for waveform selection. It would be great
   if there were some way to
   1. Know which values can be used
   2. Have a description for each value, like
     Square, Sawtooth and so on.
2. Some copps are boolean, i.e., should only
   have 0 or 1.

I dont know how other GUIs for ecasound do it, but
without that information, it is not easy to make a pretty
dialog, at least not for me. If 1 would work, I could
use a radio-button-list to implement it, and for 2, I could
use a checkbox.

Any way of getting this working somewhere in the future, maybe
something like the already existing preset -ppl and -ppu stuff?

--
CYa,
  Mario