Re: [ecasound] ecasound.el 0.6 (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound.el 0.6 (fwd)
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 13:34:13 EEST

Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

[...]

>> P.S.: With some wider-testing and some bits of bugfixing pending, I'd like
>> to shyly ask if ecasound.el could get included in some future release of
>> ecasound?
>
> Definitely! One thing that needs to be done is to integrate ecasound.el to
> the build+install process. In other words, where ecasound.el should be
> installed,

Hmm, most packages I know which offer an emacs mode
simply include the .el file in the source tarball
and leave it up to the user where to install it.
Thats mainly because it isn't trivial to do the
right thing all the time, i.e., where to install?
If the user has both xemacs and emacs for instance...

> should it have separate documentation

I think all documentation should be somehow in the file itself.

> or mentioned in some of the existing help materials, etc, etc...?

Mentioning it in a INSTALL and/or README file
would be nice.

--
CYa,
  Mario