Re: [ecasound] ecasound.el --- Version 0.65 released

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound.el --- Version 0.65 released
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 20:23:25 EEST

Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> writes:

> currently (I'm now testing ecasound.el 0.7.1) messages from all loglevels
> are printed. This causes quite a lot of traffic. Maybe the default
> loglevel should be lowered to something like: -d:263 (bitmask of levels
> 1+2+4+256), which is the current default for the console mode
> interface...?
I'm not sure now if I understood this mail correcltly. Do you propose
emacs should filter out the generated debug messages, or emacs should
provide a -d:xxx argument on ecasound startup? Because I just
wrote the necessary code for a ecasound-messages variable which
can be used to set each loglevel individually. On ecasound startup,
the -d:xxx argument is supplied as specified through ecasound-messages.
Now this should work I thought, but it doesnt. At least not with current
cvs in int-output-mode-wellformed. If I issue this command,
it seems -d:xxx argument settings are ignored. I use 259 for instance,
and still get messages from 32 or others.

--
CYa,
  Mario