Re: [ecasound] TERM variable

Subject: Re: [ecasound] TERM variable
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 23:40:49 EEST

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, William Goldsmith wrote:

> I'm invoking ecasound 2.0.4-1 from within a php script. It works fine on 3
> machines (all running a more or less stock RedHat 7.1 install) but on one
> (running RedHat 7.3) I get an error:
[...]
> TERM environment variable not set.

Hmm, have you tried running ecasound with "-D"? Are you using the
precompiled rpms or have you compiled yourself? If you've compiled
yourself, did you use the --enable-sys-readline, and if so, what version
of readline you have installed?

In any case this doesn't make any sense. Ecasound doesn't ever query the
TERM variable and even the readline-4.0 that comes with ecasound doesn't
require it.

> I've tried setting & exporting TERM=vt100 in .bash_profile for the user that
> runs the script. That doesn't ever work. I've tried setting TERM manually
> & that seems to work erratically. Right now it's not working at all & it's

Hmm, php will do all kinds of weird things to the environment variables
(security issues)...