Re: [ecasound] compile error for ecawave

Subject: Re: [ecasound] compile error for ecawave
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 01:09:01 EEST

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Justin Rosander wrote:

> c++ -O2 -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -ffast-math -L/usr/local/lib -lecasound -lkvutils -o ecawave ecawave.o version.o resources.o qeinterface.o qesession.o qefile.o qeacceptinput.o qeopenfiledialog.o qesavefiledialog.o qewaveform.o qestatusbar.o qeevent.o qenonblockingevent.o qeplayevent.o qesaveevent.o qechainopevent.o qebuttonrow.o qecutevent.o qecopyevent.o qepasteevent.o qefadeinevent.o qefadeoutevent.o qeaudioformatinput.o qefilenameinput.o qechainoperatorinput.o qeobjectmap.o qeoperatorconfiguration.o qeinterface_moc.o qesession_moc.o qefile_moc.o qeacceptinput_moc.o qeopenfiledialog_moc.o qesavefiledialog_moc.o qewaveform_moc.o qestatusbar_moc.o qechainopevent_moc.o qebuttonrow_moc.o qeinput_moc.o qeaudioformatinput_moc.o qefilenameinput_moc.o qechainoperatorinput_moc.o qeobjectmap_moc.o qeoperatorconfiguration_moc.o -L/usr/local/qt//lib -lqt
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux-gnu/3.0.3/../../../../i386-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt

This means ecawave's configure script was not able to find the correct
path where Qt libraries are installed.

First, find out where the Qt libs are installed
by issuing 'rpm -ql qt |grep lib'.

For instance on one of my machines, Qt is in /usr/lib/qt-2.2.1/lib (I have
newer versions installed elsewhere). To use this location, I have to
specify the following options to ecawave's configure:

./configure --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt-2.2.1/lib

Then just 'make' and 'make install' (as root).