Re: [ecasound] GCC 3.2

Subject: Re: [ecasound] GCC 3.2
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 16:43:10 EEST

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Michael Carmack wrote:

>> As a quick fix, just replace 'map.h' with 'map' in configure.in, run
>> autoconf and then re-run configure.
> A little tricky, but I was able to get this to work with autoconf/2.52
> and automake/1.4p5. I didn't have success with various combinations of
> autoconf/2.53, automake/1.5, and automake/1.6.3. One error in particular
> that kept coming up with autoconf/2.53 was:

You didn't mention what ecasound version you are using, but I guess (and
hope :)) you are using 2.0.4 or older. The 2.1devX series contains
numerous changes that aim to improve compatibility with various auto-tool
versions.

Although some time has passed since I last tested, 2.1devX should
work ok with both autoconf 2.1x/2.5x and automake 1.4/5. I've
never tested automake 1.6.