Re: [ecasound] GCC 3.2

Subject: Re: [ecasound] GCC 3.2
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 09:42:38 EEST

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Michael Carmack wrote:

> Does ecasound compile under GCC 3.2?

Yes. I'm already using 3.2 as my main compiler.

> I've attempted to do so, but the configure script looks for map.h, which
> apparently has been moved to ${gccdir}/include/c++/3.2/backward/map.h as
> of 3.2. I'm assuming this means map.h is deprecated and only provided for
> backwards compatibility.

There's a known bug with the configure script that comes with all
released versions of 2.0.x ecasound (and older) which causes a failed
check for map.h with gcc-3.2. The 2.0.x CVS-tree (2.0.5) has a fix for
this as do all versions of 2.1devX.

As a quick fix, just replace 'map.h' with 'map' in configure.in, run
autoconf and then re-run configure.