Re: [ecasound] ecamegapedal, full-duplex, usb audio

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecamegapedal, full-duplex, usb audio
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 16:19:56 EEST

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:12:15 +0100
Daniel Barlow <dan_AT_telent.net> wrote:

> This is a full-duplex-capable device. I can't see (using strace)
> anywhere in ecamegapedal that it's calling the SNDCTL_DSP_SETDUPLEX
> ioctl, though I may be stracing the wrong thing.
>
> I'm using Linux 2.4.20-pre5-ac3 with the in-kernel audio drivers

Even if the device is capable of full-duplex doesn't guarantee that it is supported by the driver. Perhaps you could test with ecasound: first playback, then recording, and finally playback and recording.

ecasound -i -i test.wav -o /dev/dsp
ecasound -i /dev/dsp0 -o test2.wav
ecasound -a 1 -i test.wav -o /dev/dsp \
         -a 2 -i /dev/dsp0 -o test2.wav

I am thinking about writing somesort of a test-script for this common category of problems. Don't hold your breath, though :)

janne