Re: [ecasound] gate (-gc) retriggering?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] gate (-gc) retriggering?
From: Nathan Stewart (nps_AT_mebtel.net)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 21:24:48 EEST

Ok, I've been going through the SAMPLE_ITERATOR stuff and have some more
questions:

Why is there no {pre,post}{inc,dec}rement, or previous? Why is there not
a copy constuctor or assignment? My first stab at this, I was going to
go through the buffer, and if the gate is open, and I hit a null, skip
ahead several samples and see if the value was still zero, at which
point I would close the buffer NOW. You could do some really neat (non
real time) things with dynamics processors with look ahead capability.

After some head scratching, I don't think there is a way to do anything
out of place with the current system. But no big deal, all I really want
to do is throw away large quantities of zero samples - I can just
process based on an entire buffer just like the other gate operators.

Also, in GATE_BASE, why is SAMPLE_BUFFER* target private, rather than
protected?

Nate