Re: [ecasound] gate (-gc) retriggering?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] gate (-gc) retriggering?
From: Nathan Stewart (nps_AT_mebtel.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 07:38:17 EEST

Apologies on being so dense. I was throughly confused about the function
of the GATE_BASE::process call truncating the buffer. I saw that the
logic of the THRESHOLD_GATE didn't allow it to reopen, but I thought
that the target_length_in_samples(0) call in ::process was chopping the
whole stream, not just the buffer we're currently working on.

I gave up trying to chop out smaller windows and just throw away whole
buffers, the way the existing gate code currently works, and voila. My
NULL_RETRIGGER_GATE works. It really could just be a parameter to
THRESHOLD_GATE, though my analyze function is much much simpler (I'm
presupposing that you're already processing with an FX type noise gate,
so I just clamp if average_amplitude <= 0;)