Re: [ecasound] problems installing on gentoo linux

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems installing on gentoo linux
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 20:34:13 EEST

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, The Eye wrote:

> but when I do "make install" I get the following error (for 2.1dev9 too):
[...]
> I didn't get this error when installing the same package in SuSE .. so
> I'm puzzled, since the build process seems to run just fine.

Let's see..

> /bin/install -c -m 644 \
[...]
> generic-controller.h ctrl-source.h midi-cc.h oscillator.h
[...]
> eca-resources.h resource-file.h generic-controller.h layer.h
[...]
> /bin/install: will not overwrite just-created
> /usr/local/include/libecasound8/generic-controller.h' with
> generic-controller.h'

There's the problem, 'generic-controller.h' is installed twice. Your
new system has a new 'install' binary that is able to notice this
and you get the error. This problem was fixed a while ago in CVS. Just
remove one line with "generic-controller.h" from
ecasound/libecasound/Makefile.am, then

"automake ; autoconf ; ./config.status ; make ; make install"

.. in the top-level source directory.