[ecasound] get-length problem

Subject: [ecasound] get-length problem
From: Julien Patrick Claassen (julien_AT_c-lab.de)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 18:35:38 EEST

Hallo!
  Yes I connected the chain before doing a get-length. Infact I did it
while playing and while it was stopped.
  Another weird thing I see is that ecasound gives wrong positions when
working with mp3-files of some kind. I.e. I have an mp3-File with 56 kb/s
and 24 khz and I start ecasound with:
  ecasound -f:16,2,24000 -i file.mp3 -f:16,2,44100 -o /dev/dsp
  And now the file seems much longer if I do a getpos. Is there something
I could do to avoid this or do I have to live with it?
  Kindest regards
      Julien

PS: I'll send the ecaplay dbc-warning later.

Julien Patrick Claassen
jclaassen_AT_gmx.de
julien_AT_c-lab.de
http://www.geocities.com/jjs_home