Re: [ecasound] Re: report after compile.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: report after compile.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 21:45:49 EEST

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, raoul.megelas wrote:

> But when starting ecasound one does receive a segmentation fault, core dump.
> It's appear to be an error with libc_r.so.4!
[...]
> #0 0x284069d3 in strncmp () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
> have you an idea about tracking the problem?

Could you issue the 'bt' command in gdb (to get the backtrace) and
the send the output to me? From that I can see the call tree before
reaching strncmp().

> C. another detail for configure:
> Atomic.h is seated in /usr/include/machine/ on FBSD r4E.5 and not
> in <asm/atomic.h>as as on linux.

Hmm, could you send the FBSD atomic.h file to me so I can have a look at
it. It might have a completely different API than the Linux version. Even
on Linux, use of 'asm/atomic.h' is not recommended, but it's the easiest
way of getting atomic locking primivites for various platforms that Linux
runs on. But as it isn't guaranteed to work, ecasound provides a
pthread-based fallback.