Re: [ecasound] ecasound/jack

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound/jack
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 05:55:16 EET

In the new year, S. Massy wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:
>

> > > Suggestion: It would be quite useful if there was a utility to list
> > > registered ports also possibly telling us what is connected to what.
> >
> > 'killall -v -USR1 jackd' and you get of list of all JACK clients, ports
> > and connections (printed on the jackd console).
> It's exactly what I want except that:
> # killall -v -USR1 jackd
> Killed jackd(28990) with signal 10
> Killed jackd(28991) with signal 10
> Killed jackd(28992) with signal 10
> Killed jackd(28993) with signal 10
> Killed jackd(28994) with signal 10
> Killed jackd(28995) with signal 10
> [2]+ User defined signal 1 jackd -R -d alsa -d sbl -p 4096 -H

I bet it died when Paul implemented the watchdog thread. When he finishes
the jackification of ksi, I'll look to see how he got his matrix to
display to the user.

I think we need a way to specify both the client name and the port names,
such that we can reliably know what this ecasound is called. As it stands
now, it first tries ecasound, then ecasound_2 and so on until it gets a
free client name. External scripts running jack_connect etc will need a
reliable way to have the client name.

I noted the format bug/feature a couple weeks ago, but understand Kai's
real busy now a days.

Alsa hasn't worked natively for me for quite some time, now playback
doesn't work.

_J