Re: [ecasound] Aborted

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Aborted
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 20:26:23 EET

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Gilles van Eeden <gve_AT_chello.nl> wrote:

> Allright...
>
> Simple recording and playback appears to work just fine. I'm using the
> commercial drivers for SBLive now. The linux drivers for this card
> (either ALSA, Oss/Free or 4Front) are giving no end of stup!d problems.
> Distorted sound (ALSA), bad sync (Oss) and so on. I'm seriously
> considering giving up and buying a different card... or just simply
> switch to an OS with serious multimedia support ;)
I'm using a SBLIVE with alsa and it works quite nicely, but it's
definitely not the best card to do "serious" recording... I've never had
distorted sound with ALSA, maybe you should check your settings...

I've never tried the commercial driver for the emu10k1 chipset but maybe it
wants you to use a different device for each voice? like /dev/dsp0,
/dev/dsp1 and so on...