Re: [ecasound] Aborted

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Aborted
From: Gilles van Eeden (gve_AT_chello.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 02:00:12 EET

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> How about other operations? Like for instance simple playback and
> recording (only one /dev/dsp)? Ecasound source code doesn't have one
> single instance of "Aborted", so it's coming from somewhere else -
> probably the soundcard drivers (aborted syscall).

Allright...

Simple recording and playback appears to work just fine. I'm using the
commercial drivers for SBLive now. The linux drivers for this card
(either ALSA, Oss/Free or 4Front) are giving no end of stup!d problems.
Distorted sound (ALSA), bad sync (Oss) and so on. I'm seriously
considering giving up and buying a different card... or just simply
switch to an OS with serious multimedia support ;)

Gilles