Re: [ecasound] ecasound on big endian machines?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound on big endian machines?
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 13:08:34 EET

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:19:18 +0200 (EET)
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> So ecasound should work ok on bigendian machines. Any more details about
> the problems? Possibly problems reading or writing certain audio file
> format? One thing to test is to force ecasound to use either biendian or
> little-endien... ie. "-f:s16_le,2,44100 -i foo.wav" and "-f:s16_be,2,44100
> -i foo.wav".

It might be some people trying to read *.wav which is really a .mp3 file
(does ecasound support it?).

> PS It's worth to check that WORDS_BIGENDIAN really is defined in the
> config.h.

I'll check this.

Currently, I have received a report of this:
ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-WAVE: Only WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT are supported."

on a Debian/PPC. I don't personally own a powermac, so I can't quite check.