Re: [ecasound] edl-light ?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] edl-light ?
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 02:09:07 EET

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> In the new year, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 xavier.moulet_AT_free.fr_AT_free.fr wrote:
> >
> > > being a delighted user of ecasound, I would like to know if reading a edl-like
> > > file has ever been considered.
> >
> > two ideas have been floating around:
> >
> > - adding support for Ardour's edl-format - this should be quite
> > straighforward task, just needs someone to do it
>
> but can ecasound properly play two things at the same time in the same
> chane? and the other thing is the region design is still under
> development. Its concepts don't seem to be changing too drastically,
> though, but you have to be able to crossfade, which is something I don't
> think ecasound does.

Does it matter if ecasound needs more than 1 chain for crossfading?
I think it would be reasonable to have one chain per audio-object + it's
effects (like -ea and -klg for fadings). Ofcourse this could get bit
heavy in some cases. It seems to me that .edl file would then be
something of between .ecs and .ewf ?

Generally I like the idea, though.

janne

p.s. does anyone have ardour edl-file sample?