Re: [ecasound] problems with an old frames_per_cycle worth of audio after unmuting

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with an old frames_per_cycle worth of audio after unmuting
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 22:51:25 EET

In the new year, S. Massy wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Jeremy Hall <jhall_AT_uu.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In mute, there can be an old buffer of audio laying around when you
> > unmute, causing a segment of audio to appear. It is unclear to me whether
> > this is because I am using loop devices or not, but it occurs when muting
> > and unmuting the first channel of a chane, for ex if the channel starts as
> > channel 17, goes to channel 22, then goes to channel 26, if you mute
> > channel 17, you get a remnant of audio when you unmute. This is most
> > annoying.
> Do you get the same thing if you issue stop and then restart? I've been
> noticing something similar for quite some time now. I even suspect it
> might have something to do with -ete's initial static blast.

I dunno, my audio inputs, some of them, must be offset, so using setpos,
rw, fw, or the like, causes all my inputs to become desynced DRASTICALLY!

you see in my pervious post, channels 7 and 8 were added late and I had to
compute the correct position by calculating the seconds offset from
ardour's frame position. I'd much rather use ardour's frame position for
frame-sync, but I guess that ain't going to happen.

_J