[ecasound] problems with an old frames_per_cycle worth of audio after unmuting

Subject: [ecasound] problems with an old frames_per_cycle worth of audio after unmuting
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 21:43:08 EET

Hi,

In mute, there can be an old buffer of audio laying around when you
unmute, causing a segment of audio to appear. It is unclear to me whether
this is because I am using loop devices or not, but it occurs when muting
and unmuting the first channel of a chane, for ex if the channel starts as
channel 17, goes to channel 22, then goes to channel 26, if you mute
channel 17, you get a remnant of audio when you unmute. This is most
annoying.

also sometimes it seems muting the first chane fed to a loop device causes
massive clicking and popping and then no sound, the solution is to c-mute
then cs-connect and start again.

_J