Re: [ecasound] problems with an old frames_per_cycle worth of audio after unmuting

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with an old frames_per_cycle worth of audio after unmuting
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 00:28:30 EET

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> I dunno, my audio inputs, some of them, must be offset, so using setpos,
> rw, fw, or the like, causes all my inputs to become desynced DRASTICALLY!

I know, this is an annoying feature. But it really is a feature, not a
bug. The -y:xxx option is basicly just "ai-select file.wav + ai-setpos
xxx" that is executed once when chainsetup is created. If you issue
"setpos", you will change positions of all files, and will lose the
-y offset. You could manually re-offset all individual objects after doing
a global setpos/fw/rw.

But yup, this is starting to get too complex for manual work... better to
write a script or a frontend.

> you see in my pervious post, channels 7 and 8 were added late and I had to
> compute the correct position by calculating the seconds offset from
> ardour's frame position. I'd much rather use ardour's frame position for
> frame-sync, but I guess that ain't going to happen.

I haven't used ardour so I'm not sure what frame means here, but if it's
sample-frame, then you can use ecasound's 'ai-set-position-samples', etc
to set exact position.