Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall_AT_uu.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 13:11:38 EET

Hi,

ok not sure about my ghosting--am still investigating that--but with the
wav stuff:

outputting to wav at a rate other than 44100 produces incorrect noises, as
if ecasound is doing some crude rate calculation to 44100 then back to
48000. I had to use sox to give me a valid wav and do the rate
calculation because ecasound just doesn't do it right. Does ecasound use
libsndfile for any of this rate calculation stuff?

_J