Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with the loop device and changing formats
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 20:18:06 EET

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, S. Massy wrote:

>> I install new CVS and alsa support is gone somehow!
> Yes, yes, internal plugins support seems to be quite broken...
[...]
> Nothing in my setup or in the way I configure ecasound as changed and now
> no alsa device will show up in `aio-register'.

Recompile at least all the plugin code (cd libecasound/plugins ; make
clean ; make ; make install), and verify that ecasound is loading the
right plugins (plugin dir setting in ~/.ecasoundrc).

I've made a few bigger changes to the plugin system, but it works fine
again (at least on my system).

If you run with -d:255, do you get any errors or warnings (possibly
beginning with '(eca-static-object-maps)')?

> Also, trying to play a .au file (which is also an internal plugin unless
> I'm much mistaken) results in a "wait_for_full failed" at best and a nice
> segfault at worst.

* ecasound v2.1dev4 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen
[...]
Input (1): "foo.au" - [SGI libaudiofile object]
 -> connected to chains "default": position (5.294/0.000) seconds.
 -> open, s16_le/2ch/44100Hz, buffer 1024.

... at least this one file plays fine.