Re: [ecasound] Ecasound qt projects

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecasound qt projects
From: Tony Leake (tony_leake_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 18:33:37 EEST

>What do you mean by random interference - problems with audio quality or
>possibly something else...?

By experimenting with interactive mode I have discovered what is causing the
problem.

I start in interactive mode and delete the default chainsetup.

I then add my own chainsetup, add 1 chain with a wav file as input and
/dev/dsp as output then start. All is ok so far.

Now if i disconnect and remove the chainsetup, then add a new one, again
with 1 chain, a wav for input and /dev/dsp for output. This time I get a
nasty buzzing in the right speaker as it plays.

Could it be that I'm nit allowed to delete and add chainsetups in this way
in interactivemode and eci or am I doing something wrong?

I have pasted a transcript of the interactive session below.

Regards
Tony

ecasound -c
* ecasound v2.0.2 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen *
(eca-session) Interactive mode enabled.
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-list
command-line-setup
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-select command-line-setup
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-remove
(eca-controller) Removing chainsetup: "command-line-setup".
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-list
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-add test
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "test".
(eca-controller) Added a new chainsetup with name "test".
ecasound ('h' for help)> c-add ch1
(eca-controller) Added chains: ch1.
ecasound ('h' for help)> c-select ch1
ecasound ('h' for help)> -i:guitar.wav
ecasound ('h' for help)> -o:/dev/dsp
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-connect
- [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio inputs ] -------------------------------------
(eca-audio-objects) Audio object "guitar.wav", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: u8, channels 1, srate 22050, interleaved.
- [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio outputs ] ------------------------------------
(eca-audio-objects) Audio object "/dev/dsp", mode "write".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
(eca-controller) Connected chainsetup: "test".
ecasound ('h' for help)> start
- [ Controller/Processing started ] ----------------------------------------
ecasound ('h' for help)> - [ Engine/Init - mixmode "simple" ]
---------------------------------------
c-select ch1
ecasound ('h' for help)> c-remove
- [ Engine/Exiting ] -------------------------------------------------------
(eca-controller) Disconnecting chainsetup: "test".
(eca-controlled) Removed selected chains.
(eca-control) ERROR: Can't reconnect chainsetup.
ecasound ('h' for help)> c-list
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-select test
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "test".
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-remove
(eca-controller) Removing chainsetup: "test".
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-list
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-add test2
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "test2".
(eca-controller) Added a new chainsetup with name "test2".
ecasound ('h' for help)> c-add ch2
(eca-controller) Added chains: ch2.
ecasound ('h' for help)> c-select ch2
ecasound ('h' for help)> -i:guitar2.wav
ecasound ('h' for help)> -o:/dev/dsp
ecasound ('h' for help)> cs-connect
- [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio inputs ] -------------------------------------
(eca-audio-objects) Audio object "guitar2.wav", mode "read".
(audio-io) Format: u8, channels 1, srate 22050, interleaved.
- [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio outputs ] ------------------------------------
(eca-audio-objects) Audio object "/dev/dsp", mode "write".
(audio-io) Format: s16_le, channels 2, srate 44100, interleaved.
(eca-controller) Connected chainsetup: "test2".