Re: [ecasound] Ecasound qt projects

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecasound qt projects
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 20:30:28 EEST

On Sun, 07 Oct 2001, Tony Leake <tony_leake_AT_hotmail.com> wrote:

> >What do you mean by random interference - problems with audio quality or
> >possibly something else...?
>
> By experimenting with interactive mode I have discovered what is causing the
>
> problem.
>
> I start in interactive mode and delete the default chainsetup.
>
> I then add my own chainsetup, add 1 chain with a wav file as input and
> /dev/dsp as output then start. All is ok so far.
>
> Now if i disconnect and remove the chainsetup, then add a new one, again
> with 1 chain, a wav for input and /dev/dsp for output. This time I get a
> nasty buzzing in the right speaker as it plays.
>
> Could it be that I'm nit allowed to delete and add chainsetups in this way
> in interactivemode and eci or am I doing something wrong?
You're connecting a mono input while opening the output device as stereo,
I'm guessing that ecasound doesn't tidy itself up after the first playback
thus creating the garbage that you get to hear on the second playback; that
could be a bug, I suppose.
On the other hand, try issuing:
cs-set-audio-format 16,1,22050
at the beginning of your session, then /dev/dsp will be opened as mono,
this should avoid this unpleasant effect.