Re: [ecasound] Things seem a bit broken...

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Things seem a bit broken...
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid_AT_tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 19:55:12 EEST

On Sat, 06 Oct 2001, Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, S. Massy wrote:
>
> > Ok, maybe things are a bit more complicated than I thought when I
> > wrote the previous message. Ecasound seems to be a bit confused about
> > what to do with different objects, for instance:
> [...]
> > # ecasound -d:255 -i:/root/test.wav -o:null -ev
>
> Works fine here. Check that you're up-to-date with the CVS-tree. I fixed a
> few bugs with coredump potential yesterday. If CVS-update doesn't help,
> can you run it under gdb and send me the backtrace.
My tree was up to date, so I compiled a debug binary and ran it into gdb.
I won't include ecasound's output because it's basically the same that I've
already posted.
the command was: "ecasound_debug -d:255 -i:test.wav -o:null"
(I dropped the -ev thing since it's obviously not the problem.)

----------
#0 0x40168203 in AUDIO_IO_PROXY_SERVER::unregister_client (this=0x80bdea8,
    aobject=0x80be290) at audioio-proxy-server.cpp:285
#1 0x40169a7e in AUDIO_IO_BUFFERED_PROXY::~AUDIO_IO_BUFFERED_PROXY (
    this=0x80be308, __in_chrg=3) at audioio-buffered-proxy.cpp:83
#2 0x40185cd8 in ECA_CHAINSETUP::~ECA_CHAINSETUP (this=0x80bddb0, __in_chrg=3)
    at eca-chainsetup.cpp:155
#3 0x4017ac92 in ECA_SESSION::~ECA_SESSION (this=0x806eb48, __in_chrg=2)
    at eca-session.cpp:72
#4 0x0805094e in clean_exit (n=0) at eca-text.cpp:201
#5 0x080503c7 in main (argc=4, argv=0xbffffd84) at eca-text.cpp:142
#6 0x403ca5bf in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
----------

One thing that's weird is that gdb starts the program, I get the nice
little header with copyright info and all, then "Session created", but
after that, gdb crunches for about five minutes before ecasound
continues to output to the screen. It wasn't this way last time I ran
ecasound in gdb, a couple of months ago...

> > ****************************************************************************
> > * ecasound v2.1.0 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen *
> > (eca-session) Set debug level to: 255
> > (eca-chainsetup) Rtcaps detected.
>
> And as you see above, I've taken the drastic step and made changes to what
> ecasound prints to stdout. :) In 2.0.x (and earlier) the output is a bit
> incoherent, so this change should be for the better... although I do have
> to take new screenshots. :D
Yes, sometimes debugging info can get messy...