Re: [ecasound] Things seem a bit broken...

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Things seem a bit broken...
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 18:35:50 EEST

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> Ok, maybe things are a bit more complicated than I thought when I
> wrote the previous message. Ecasound seems to be a bit confused about
> what to do with different objects, for instance:
[...]
> # ecasound -d:255 -i:/root/test.wav -o:null -ev

Works fine here. Check that you're up-to-date with the CVS-tree. I fixed a
few bugs with coredump potential yesterday. If CVS-update doesn't help,
can you run it under gdb and send me the backtrace.

> * ecasound v2.1.0 (C) 1997-2001 Kai Vehmanen *
> (eca-session) Set debug level to: 255
> (eca-chainsetup) Rtcaps detected.

And as you see above, I've taken the drastic step and made changes to what
ecasound prints to stdout. :) In 2.0.x (and earlier) the output is a bit
incoherent, so this change should be for the better... although I do have
to take new screenshots. :D