Re: [ecasound] One more question

Subject: Re: [ecasound] One more question
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 22:21:31 EEST

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, William Goldsmith wrote:

> I would like to be able to write 2 mp3 files concurently at 2 different
> bitrates (say 128k stereo & 24k mono) - from a live input. Is there an easy
> way to do that?

Not with the current ecasound versions. This has been on the todo-list for
a while now. Let's make it an edi entry:

(edi-17) Add bitrate parameter to mp3 objects.
         submitted: 30.09.2001, William Goldsmith

The implementation I've thought about would look something like:

ecasound -a:1,2 -i /dev/dsp \
         -a:1 -o hr_output.mp3,128000 \
         -a:2 -o lr_output.mp3,24000