Re: [ecasound] Glitching again

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Glitching again
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 16:36:33 EEST

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, William Goldsmith wrote:

> Ever since an upgrade to the 2.4.x kernel (RH 7.1) I've had problems
> with audio glitches when playing mp3 files. The glitches happen during
> bursts of processor/disk activity (specifically a database query using
> php & postgres). This was absolutely not an issue previously.
[...]
> I've tried every combination of -z:intbuf/nointbuf, b:64 through
> b:2048 - nothing helps. After upgrading to 2.0.3-2 the problem is
> slightly better, but still quite noticeable (listen to

How about adding -z:db? Or running as root with the -r option. Combined
with -z:intbuf, you should not able to get glitches with this combination.
You should also check Dave Phillips low-latency article (especially parts
about tuning your ide-drives with hdparm):

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/11/17/low_latency.html

Hope these tips help.