Re: [ecasound] ecamegapedal (2)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecamegapedal (2)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 12:51:13 EEST

On 25 Sep 2001, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> Is it possible to chain the effects in ecamegapedal?
> Or modify/save the effects' parameters?

There's not any GUI for these yet, but you can use ecasound's
preset-system for both. Take a look at
/usr/local/share/ecasound/effect_presets. For instance:

two_filters = -efl:800 -ea:%lowgain | -efh:800 -ea:%highgain

Creates a new 'two_filters' effect that shows up in ecamegepedal's 'effect
presets' tabview. This effect has two paraller chains, first one with a
lowpass filter followed by an amplify, second with a highpass and an
amplify. 'two_filters' also has two parameters, which control the gain for
individual chains.

So it's actually a very simple equalizer. To expand it a little:

two_filters_pareq = -efl:%lowfrew -ea:%lowgain | -efh:%highfreq -ea:%highgain

Ok, now we've just created a parametric-eq.

> If not, can ecasound do it, and who can tell me how to use ecasound
> for real-time dsp?

A simple lowpass with ecasound:

ecasound -b:256 -z:nointbuf -r -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp -efl:800

To run 'two_filters':

ecasound -b:256 -z:nointbuf -r -i /dev/dsp -o /dev/dsp -pn:two_filters,100,100

You need to have added 'two_filters' to your 'effects_presets' file.
Basicly ecamegapedal just provides a graphical user-interface, everything
else is done in libecasound.

But yes, a graphical preset editor (standalone or ecamegapedal extension),
would be really nice... Any takers? :)

PS And also take a look at ecaenveloptor (eca.cx -> project list).