Re: [ecasound] controlling controllers

Subject: Re: [ecasound] controlling controllers
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 18:55:57 EEST

On Mon, 03 Sep 2001, janne halttunen <jhalttun@pp.htv.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, S. Massy wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 02 Sep 2001, janne halttunen <jhalttun@pp.htv.fi> wrote:
> >
> > > I have, say, a delay-effect with controllers in delay-time and
> > > mix-percent. Now, Id like to have controllers to both of these
> > > controllers. Is this possible with the current scheme with -kx's?
> > from the man page:
> > -----
> > -kx This is a special switch that can be used when you
> > need to control controller parameters with another
> > controller. When you specify -kx, the last speci-
> > fied controller will be set as the control target.
> > Then you just add another controller as usual.
> > -----
>
> Ok, let's see..
>
> -etd: delay-time, surround-mode, number-of-delays, mix-% \
> -kos: 1, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase \
> -kx -kos: 3, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase \ # controls 1st controller
> -kos: 4, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase \ # should control delay(?)
> -kx -kos: 3, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase # controls 2nd controller
>
> What Im worried about is line 4, which should control the mix-% in the
> delay-effect. Does it so or does it control the controller controlling the
> 1st controller? And if I wanted the latter, how does it come about?
>
> Me troubled ;)
I think you're right to worry. :) From what I understand, the minute you use
-kx the only thing you can control is the last controller, so it's not
actually possible to have two controllers targeted to a cop which are
themselves targets to other controllers. It seems that for each cop you can
only have one controller being controlled (which must be specified last if
several controllers are targeted to a cop). Flaw or feature?