Re: [ecasound] controlling controllers

Subject: Re: [ecasound] controlling controllers
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun@pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 12:23:39 EEST

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Sep 2001, janne halttunen <jhalttun@pp.htv.fi> wrote:
>
> > I have, say, a delay-effect with controllers in delay-time and
> > mix-percent. Now, Id like to have controllers to both of these
> > controllers. Is this possible with the current scheme with -kx's?
> from the man page:
> -----
> -kx This is a special switch that can be used when you
> need to control controller parameters with another
> controller. When you specify -kx, the last speci-
> fied controller will be set as the control target.
> Then you just add another controller as usual.
> -----

Ok, let's see..

-etd: delay-time, surround-mode, number-of-delays, mix-% \
-kos: 1, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase \
-kx -kos: 3, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase \ # controls 1st controller
-kos: 4, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase \ # should control delay(?)
-kx -kos: 3, start-value, end-value, freq, i-phase # controls 2nd controller

What Im worried about is line 4, which should control the mix-% in the
delay-effect. Does it so or does it control the controller controlling the
1st controller? And if I wanted the latter, how does it come about?

Me troubled ;)

janne