Re: [ecasound] LADSPA wierdness

Subject: Re: [ecasound] LADSPA wierdness
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 03:57:55 EEST

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Nolan Darilek wrote:

> I'm not sure when, or why, some of my LADSPA plugins stopped
> working. Most notably, the metronome effect preset no longer seems to
[...]
> ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Invalid argument, unable to parse: '-el:sine_fcac,880,1'"

Hmm, my guess is that ecasound cannot find the LADSPA plugins. As a
result, plugin 'sine_fcac' is not registered, so ecasound returns an
error. But not a very helpful error, I admit.

One good way to check for LADSPA plugins is the 'ladspa-register'
commands. Ie...

$ echo ladspa-register |ecasound -c

...should print a list of all plugins that ecasound is able to find.