[ecasound] not PEPs, but close :)

Subject: [ecasound] not PEPs, but close :)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 04:06:58 EEST

It's becoming increasingly difficult to track bug reports, feature
request, misc ideas, etc. - both for me (my mail folders are
full of unanswered mails), and for ecasound users (you submitted a
report a month ago, but haven't heard anything since).

I don't want to start using anything too heavy-weight (like bugzilla, or
Notes ;)), but let's try a simpler approach. Below is a copy of
'sound/ecasound/Documentation/edi-list.txt', which I just added to the
CVS-tree. Some of you might find a few lost items there... :)

--cut--
*** Ecasound - List of Ecasound Development Items (edi-xxx) ***
discussions, changelogs, etc.

To submit a new EDI-item, send a mail the 'ecasound-list' mailing
list. For a full list of EDI items, see 'Documentation/edi-list.txt'.

[ Format ]

(edi-xxx): Short description of the item. This should be no more
           than a few lines.
           submitted: who submitted, date
           action: what happened, who and when

Note! See README for a list of defined developer tags (kaiv -> me).

[ Bugs, problems ]

(edi-1) Initial reverb-spike with the -ete reverb.
        submitted: Anthony Paul Van Groningen, 04.01.2001
(edi-8) EIAM parser doesn't handle white-space properly (for instance
        "ai-add Filename with whitespace".
        submitted: smassy, 8.5.2001
(edi-12) Conversions problems with non-interleaved, s32_le streams.
         submitted: jhall, 16.7.2001

[ Enhancements, new features ]

(edi-2) Possibility to specify audio object's type instead of using
        filename extensions.
        submitted: Toby Shepard, 13.07.2001
(edi-3) Extra parameters for effect presets describing its parameters,
        author, etc
        submitted: kaiv, 17.08.2001
(edi-4) 14bit MIDI-CCs controller source.
        submitted: kaiv, 17.08.2001
(edi-5) Threshold parameter to -eca.
        submitted: ecasound-list daemon :)
(edi-6) 100% transparent implementation of -z:db system.
        submitted: smassy, xx.06.2001
(edi-7) Adding a 'loop x times' option to the ewf file format.
        submitted: nolan_d, 09.07.2001
(edi-9) Adding and removing audio and chainop objects on-the-fly.
        submitted: jhalttun, xx.06.2001
(edi-10) Adding ecalength to ecatools package.
         submitted: kaiv, xx.07.2001
(edi-11) Hierarchy-based config file system.
         submitted: kaiv, xx.07.2001

[ Closed items ]

none