[ecasound] Trouble with capture and latest alsa

Subject: [ecasound] Trouble with capture and latest alsa
From: toby (tshepard@rcsreg.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:48:59 EEST

Hi,

I am using ecasound 2.01 with Alsa 0.9beta5 and a
Midiman Delta44 card. Everything works correctly
but recording. I don't know how to use the dsp_name
with alsa, (how does one, btw) so I used:

ecasound -i:alsahw,0,0 -o:foo.wav

But got error:

ERROR: [ECA-CHAINSETUP] : "Enabling chainsetup: AUDIOIO-ALSA3: Audio
format not supported."

Then I tried:

 ecasound -i:/dev/dsp -o:foo.wav

That worked but yeilded a file which looked
like I suspected on a large scale, but upon
zooming in I could see that the data was pulsed
with regular periodic silence, so that it
sounded like a stick on a picket fence.

Has anyone gotten *any* program to work with
this card and alsa version?

Thanks,

Toby