Re: [ecasound] Delays and loop counters

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Delays and loop counters
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 23:52:52 EEST

On Mon, 09 Jul 2001, Nolan Darilek <nolan_d@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to do the following:
> 1. Specify how many times a loop repeats? Currently I can get a
> rhythm/drum/bass track to loop infinitely while I practice soloing,
> but I'd like a way to specify that the loop should only repeat, say, 4
> times.
I don't think it is currently possible to do this with ecasound. This could be a nice feature to add to EWF however. Something like:
loop_rep = int
Where int is an integer specifying the number of time the file should be looped (0 would be infinite looping)

> 2. Delay the processing of a certain chain, so I could do something
> like:
>
> ecasound -a:1 -d:20 -i:chorus.wav
>
> and have chorus.wav begin after 20 seconds of silence, or additional
> audio if I mixed other chains?
Yes, This is possible with EWF; you could do something like:
source = chorus.wav
offset = 20