[ecasound] Delays and loop counters

Subject: [ecasound] Delays and loop counters
From: Nolan Darilek (nolan_d@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 18:36:35 EEST

I'm kinda curious to hear what an entire recorded track would sound
like on my equipment. Currently I can record good guitar riffs, but
I'm not quite good enough to play through an entire song without
making mistakes. :)

So I wanted to cheat. Since lots of songs use repetitive riffs, I
thought about trying to record one riff until it's perfect and
calculating how many times to repeat the riff over a
bass/drumline. Also, since songs usually use different riffs for
verse/chorus, I wanted to record the riffs separately and somehow
delay the start of the chorus riff until the verse completes.

Is it possible to do the following:
1. Specify how many times a loop repeats? Currently I can get a
rhythm/drum/bass track to loop infinitely while I practice soloing,
but I'd like a way to specify that the loop should only repeat, say, 4
times.

2. Delay the processing of a certain chain, so I could do something
    like:

ecasound -a:1 -d:20 -i:chorus.wav

and have chorus.wav begin after 20 seconds of silence, or additional
audio if I mixed other chains?