Re: [ecasound] getting rid of libqtecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] getting rid of libqtecasound
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 04:54:11 EEST

Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> immo vero scripsit

> Number one reason is that the current ecawave -> qtecasound -> ecasound
> dependency chain has caused a lot of problems. I get "what rpms I need to
> install for ecawave" questions quite often nowadays.

This problem would be solved if everything moved over to "APT".
APT for rpm is available already and functional, although not in widespread use.
Or, use Debian.

rpm is causing too much grief.

But I would agree maintaining libqtecasound is too much of an overhead.
Copy-paste should work just fine...

regards,
        junichi

--