Re: [ecasound] Metronome difficulties

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Metronome difficulties
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 02:45:12 EEST

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Nolan Darilek wrote:

> I'm trying to use the metronome effect preset for some recordings, but
> I'm having difficulties.
[...]
> ecasound -i:null -pn:metronome -t:4
[...]
> I thought this would produce 8 beeps, since the default metronome
> speed is 120 bpm and I'm recording for 4 seconds. But I get 9 beeps,
> and this confuses me.

Hmm, there seems to be something odd in the preset handling. I copied the
whole metronome definition from 'effect_presets', and it seems to work as
expected:

--cut--
ecasound -i:null -o:test.wav -el:sine_fcac,880,1 -eemb:100,10 -efl:2000 -t:4
[...]
###| ~ |$ ecalength test.wav
test.wav: 4.011s (0m4s)
--cut--

Also altering the tempo (1st -eemb parameter) works as expected (tempo
changes, but the output is still always 4s long).