[ecasound] System requirements

Subject: [ecasound] System requirements
From: Stuart Allen (stuart@bacardi.animats.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 01:14:57 EET

Hello

Having read a few messages on this list, I am starting to realise just how difficult it is to predict how different hardware combinations will perform when recording with ecasound. Having said this, though, I am trying to find out what is likely to be the minimum spec machine that will allow multitrack recording. Also, perhaps somebody may have some advice on settings/ techniques for increasing the chances of success on slow hardware.

Thanks in advance,
Stuart